Headstones For Families Of O.R. Woodyard Funeral Home Columbus Ohio
About O.R. Woodyard Funeral Home Columbus, OH
The story of O.R. Woodyard Funeral Home began in 1903, when O. R. Woodyard Sr., one of ten children of a Methodist pastor, chose to pursue a career in mortuary science after the death of a sibling. He was growing up in the small community of Waterford, Ohio.
O.R. Woodyard founded his first funeral parlor at 1346 S. High Street after earning his funeral director license. At 255 E. State St., Mr. Woodyard launched a second facility in the city in 1944. O.R. Woodyard Jr., who went by “Jim”, the father’s son, began working for the company in 1950 and, after ten years, opened a third funeral home at 2300 E. Livingston Ave.
Dean A. Woodyard and Gary L. Drake-Woodyard, two additional directors, joined the Woodyard family as officers and funeral directors when they opened their fourth location at 2990 Bethel Road in 1985. This marked the beginning of the third generation of funeral care.
They have worked hard, together with their team, for the past 20 years to continue the tradition of service that O.R. Woodyard established. The business bought the Myers Funeral Home in Groveport, Ohio, in 2005. Jerry Myers, the previous owner, had offered reasonable services to the Groveport neighborhood for more than 6 decades.
Devin Woodyard, the fourth generation, joined O.R. Woodyard Funeral Home in 2008 with a reinvigorated passion to offer services that specifically commemorate each family they serve after graduating from Capital Law School. Today, O.R. Woodyard Funeral Home has 4 convenient locations around the greater Columbus Ohio region.
O.R. Woodyard Funeral Home
1346 S High St.
Columbus, OH 43207